- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1/2 small Red Onion
- 1/2 small jalapeño chile pepper — minced ( use 1T green or poblano
pepper for mild)
- 1 medium lemon — juiced (2 lemons juiced in total for this recipe. See below.)
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves, whole — chopped, divided use (~1 TB for
salsa, 2T for butter – see below)
- Lemon Cilantro Butter
1/4 stick unsalted butter — softened
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro — finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt — or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper — or to taste
- Creole seasoning — optional – to taste
- 4 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 7-8 oz salmon fillets – skinless preferred, or flaky whitefish of your
- Peel cucumbers. Dice to 1/4 inch dice and place in a nonreactive bowl.
- Dice tomatoes to 1/4 as well; add to cucumber.
- Peel onion and dice to 1/4 inch; combine with
cucumber and tomato.
- Add chilies, juice of ONE lemon, vegetable oil, 1 TB
chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of cumin if desired.
- Mix well and refrigerate.
Prepare Lemon Cilantro Butter:
- In a small bowl, mix softened butter, juice of remaining
lemon, 3 TB chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and set aside.
Prepare the Salmon:
- Season salmon with salt, pepper, Creole spice (optional).
- Mix olive oil and minced garlic together.
- Rub on salmon
filets. Gently massage the flavors in to the salmon Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours (overnight if time
- Place salmon on foil or an oiled broiler pan.
Broil salmon on pan ~2-4 inches from heat source for about 7minutes.
- Baste salmon with Lemon Cilantro Butter and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Top each fillet with a dollop of salsa and sprig of fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Pan searing/oven roasting or grilling also works with this
- Adapted from Whole Foods recipe.
Note: Recipes are and remain the property of Comfort N
Spice. Please do NOT reproduce or distribute without
permission. For permission to reproduce this recipe, click
here: [email protected].
This recipe work well with other proteins.